Doulton Sub Micron Ceramic Filter with Silver Ions
- In Stock
Choose Doulton Sub Micron Ceramic Filter with Silver Ions for your replacement filter
These Premium filters needs to be replaced every 2,000 litres of water filtered, approximately every 12 months when using 5-6 Litres per day.
Dimensions: Height 13cm - Width 6.5cm | Thread size: 11mm
To fit GRAVITY Systems Only. Will fit 12 Litre Durand Ceramic System range and 15 Litre Fluoride Reduction Systems. Will also fit most other brands with single filter chambers: Southern Cross, Stefani, Pozzani, Waterco, Zazen etc. Please check dimensions below if fitting in another branded system.
- Highly Effective Barrier To Particles and Pathogens - a pore structure down to 0.2 microns to offer maximum protection. 99.99% plus filtration of bacteria, cysts and particles. Suitable for use on all alternative and town water supplies.
- Long Life / Long Term Value - Test results guarantee removal for 2,000 Litres and the ceramic surface of the filters can be easily cleaned.
- Natural - The ceramic is made from 100% natural earths and uses coconut shell activated carbon.
- Minerals Maintained - the filters do not remove those minerals from the water which are beneficial to health.
- Enhanced Anti-bacterial Properties - Silver impregnated ceramic walls makes these filters superior to other ceramic filters and prevents microbiological growth.
- Humanitarian Aid - This filter is used by military, aid/relief organizations, and missionaries around the world.
- No Power Required / No Water Wastage - Cost effective to run and environmentally friendly. Healthy water that doesn't cost the earth!
Over a million filters sell each year in over 150 countries around the globe, where Doulton is a household name synonymous with clean, healthy drinking water.
Consider the rest then go with the best!
How it works:
Simply add water to the filter container, which sits inside the main storage container. Under the force of gravity the water first passes through the micro porous ceramic walls of the filter. The inside of the walls of the Doulton filter are impregnated with silver. The silver acts as a natural biocide to keep the water inside your filter, and also your stored water, pure. Then the water passes through the activated carbon filled core of the filter. From there it drips into the storage container at the bottom.
WHAT IS Super Sterasyl®?
The Sterasyl® ceramic is filled with granular activated carbon to produce the Super Sterasyl™ filter element. Among other things, ctivated carbon is very effective at removing chlorine and organics from water.
Super Sterasyl® uses granular activated carbon instead of an activated carbon block in order to give superior flow rates in a gravity filter.
Supersterasyl membrane: (candle and cartridge form): Used for microbiological removal. The only ceramic element in the world to meet the stringent NSF antimony and arsenic extraction test featuring:
- >99.99% E.coli removal
- Tested with live Cryptosporidium cyst to 100% removal far exceeding EPA three log cyst reduction requirements
- 100% efficiency at 0.9 µm absolute (0.5 µm absolute ANSI standard)
- > 98% efficiency at 0.2 µm
- > 90% efficiency at 0.05 µm
How Activated Carbon Works to Filter Your Water
Activated carbon or AC, works by attracting and holding certain chemicals as water passes through it. AC is a highly porous material, therefore it has an extremely high surface area for contaminant adsorption.( Adsorption is the phenomenon whereby molecules adhere to a surface with which they come in contact with. When water containing soluble organic materials comes into contact with the granular activated carbon it selectively removes these materials by adsorption.)
AC is made of tiny clusters of carbon atoms stacked upon one another. The carbon source is a variety of materials such as peanut and coconut shells or coal. the raw carbon source is slowly heated in the absence of air to produce a high carbon material. The carbon is activated by passing oxidizing gases through the material at extremely high temperatures. The activation process produces the pores that result in such a high adsorptive rate.
Laboratory Test results show these filters are very efficient at removing impurities such as chlorine, bacteria, amoebas, suspended solids, organic pesticides, some heavy metals, bad tastes and smells. They will remove 99.99% of Giardia and Cryptosporidium.
- 98% Suspended Solids
- 99.999% of Giardia
- 99.999% of Cryptosporidium
Please note - Higher levels of chlorine, chemical contamination, or sediment, will slightly shorten the life of the filters.
GREAT SERVICEBy: Ngaire Suisted on 9 December 2022These Doulton Filters are excellent. I have used them for years. My rating reflects not only the product but the first-rate service provided by N/E. I couldn't be happier. Thank you!
PurchaseBy: Julie-Ann Woodhouse on 27 October 2022Very happy with this water filter