Fusion Cystitis contains cranberry to help to reduce the frequency with which women experience medically diagnosed cystitis, plus:
- Phellodendron and alisma to help relieve symptoms of medically diagnosed cystitis, based on their use in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM)
- Couch grass, which is used similarly in traditional Western herbal medicine, where it’s regarded as having anti-inflammatory and irritation-soothing benefits and as helping to flush out the urinary tract
- Pyrrosia, which is traditionally used to help relieve urinary burning (a symptom of cystitis) and to maintain healthy urinary output in TCM
- Crataeva to support bladder and urinary health, based on its use in traditional Ayurvedic medicine
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, worsen or change unexpectedly speak to your healthcare practitioner.
How it works
If your doctor has diagnosed you with a mild case of cystitis, you’ll be all too familiar with its characteristic symptoms, which may include:
- Burning pain when urinating
- Needing to go to the toilet more urgently and more frequently than usual
- Passing only small quantities of urine at a time (which may have a strong odour and/or cloudy appearance)
- Dull aching in the lower abdomen
Fusion Cystitis has been specially formulated with herbs traditionally used to help relieve symptoms of medically diagnosed cystitis and support urinary health. Read on to learn more about its ingredients and the herbal traditions they’re used in.
Traditional Chinese herbs to relieve mild cystitis symptoms
In TCM, symptoms such as pain on urination, urinary frequency and urinary urgency are often seen as due to an excess of Damp Heat in the Bladder organ-meridian system.
The herbs phellodendron, alisma and pyrrosia are traditionally used to support the health and function of the urinary tract in TCM.
In particular, alisma and phellodendron are regarded as having cooling properties in TCM, and are traditionally used to clear Damp Heat from the Bladder and help relieve symptoms of medically diagnosed cystitis.
Along with pyrrosia, alisma also helps relieve the urinary burning and pain associated with cystitis and helps maintain healthy levels of urine output (based on use in TCM).
Couch grass soothes irritation and helps flush out the urinary tract
Although they share a common name, medicinal couch grass (pronounced ‘cooch’) is a different species to the couch grass you may have growing in your front yard!
The species that’s used therapeutically is Elymus repens (previously known as Agropyron repens) – a grass plant that’s native to Europe, Asia and parts of Africa and the Arctic circle.
In traditional Western herbal medicine, couch grass is regarded as having anti-inflammatory properties and demulcent (soothing) effects on irritated tissues, and is taken to help relieve symptoms of medically diagnosed cystitis.
Based on its use in traditional Western herbal medicine, couch grass may also help flush out the urinary tract.
Crateva supports bladder health
Fusion Cystitis also contains crateva, which is used to support urinary and bladder health in traditional Ayurvedic medicine.
Crateva’s Sanskrit name varuna is also the name of the Hindu god of the oceans and waters and is a reference to its affiliation with the body’s waterworks.
Cranberry helps reduce women’s cystitis frequency
Women are particularly susceptible to cystitis, and around 30% will experience it at least once during their lifetimes. Up to a quarter of those affected are likely to experience a recurrence of the infection within six months*.
Cranberry has been shown to reduce the frequency with which medically diagnosed cystitis recurs in women. It works by inhibiting cystitis-causing bacteria (typically E. coli) from adhering to the bladder wall and thus helps to prevent infection taking hold.
For additional support in reducing the frequency of medically diagnosed cystitis, consider combining Fusion Cystitis with Fusion Cranberry.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Nourished Earth users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.